Friday, February 17, 2012

RN

Well I woke up at 4:30 am...6 am...8 am...& nothing updated on the Board of Nursing website. I don't know why I was checking so early because I knew the office didn't open until 8 anyway but I was excited/anxious/scared.

Finally at 10 am I checked the website and........RN!!! :)

I never knew those 2 letters could mean so much. For me they represent long nights of studying, hours of driving back & forth to clinicals, waking up at 4:30 am and getting home at 9 pm only to fall asleep on the couch, care plans, teaching plans, tears, exhaustion, SOAP notes,gallons of coffe consumed,  thousands of dollars in tuition, hopeful patients, hands shaking while giving my first SQ injection, maroon scrubs, white shoes, beeping ventilators, hours of lectures, lack of sleep, intimidating doctors, that feeling when I got an A on a test or a Satisfactory in my clinical paperwork,  that feeling when I finally felt like a nurse.

Now that I see those letters and I see my license number...it was SO worth it :)

Today my life changed & damn I deserve it.

-Wren

No comments:

Post a Comment